What is the definition of a Startup?
An entity shall be considered as a Startup on fulfilling the conditions defined by Government of India, vide notification No. G.S.R. 364(E) dated April 11, 2018 as modified vide Gazette Notification No. G.S.R. 34(E) dated January 16, 2019 (and as may be amended from time to time).
In this notification, an entity shall be considered as a Startup:
- Upto a period of ten years from the date of incorporation/ registration, if it is incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm(registered under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or a limited liability partnership (under the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008) in India.
- Turnover of the entity for any of the financial years since incorporation/registration has not exceeded one hundred crore rupees.
- Entity is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation. Provided that an entity formed by splitting up or reconstruction of an existing business shall not be considered a ‘Startup’.
What is StartInUP program?
StartInUP program is the initiative of Uttar Pradesh Startup nodal agency “ U.P.Electronics Corporation Limited” set up under the Dept. of IT and Electronics GoUP.
Why StartInUP portal is created?
A dedicated online portal StartInUP is developed to act as a single connect for the handholding of State Startups and providing features & information regarding:
- Govt. Policy and Incentives.
- Various Startup related resources, incubators, schemes, etc.
- Various Startup related activities organized/facilitated by the nodal agency.
- Platform shall be used for online registration of incubators/startups under Startup Policy 2020.
- Incubators/startups shall use the platform to submit their respective incentive claims to the nodal agency for evaluation and approval.
- Platform shall facilitate the empanelment/onboarding of experts such as Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, Intellectual Property (IP) Cell, broadband service, funding agencies, corporate tie-ups etc.
- Getting statutory clearances.
- Dedicated toll-free helpline (0522 – 4130303) services can be availed from 10 AM – 5 PM on weekdays for the resolution of queries/grievances.
Why should I register under StartInUP program?
You should register with StartInUP as the state startup if:
- You are a startup registered/incorporated as an entity in Uttar Pradesh.
- You are looking for benefits and incentives under the Uttar Pradesh Startup Policy- 2020.
- You wish to avail benefits like incubation support, sustenance allowance, seed support, patent cost reimbursement, national and international event participation support, preference in government procurement, connect with relevant Startup Ecosystem stakeholders etc.
How do I register with the StartInUP?
- Please go to the https://startinup.up.gov.in/ and fill up the online form by clicking on Register/Login Button.
- On successful completion of the online application form and uploading all relevant documents and with proper technology justification, the application will be processed for StartInUP Reg Certificate.
- Documents to be uploaded:
- UP Incorporation/ Registration Certificate
- DPIIT Certificate (You can avail this certificate by getting recognized as a “Startup” by Startup India Initiative)
What are the documents required by Startups to get recognized under the Startup India initiative?
The process of recognition as a ‘Startup’ is through an online application made over the mobile app/portal at https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/startupgov/startup- recognition-page.html.
You will need to upload the incorporation/registration certificate and explain how your startup is working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or its scalability in terms of employment generation or wealth creation.
You can also find out various exemptions givento Startup underthe Startup India initiative.
Is there any registration fee to apply under StartInUP program?
No, there is no registration fee.
How long does it take to get registered under StartInUP program?
You can avail the StartInUP Certificate within 3 working days post successful submission of your application and provided you have submitted all required documents and qualify for Registration as per UP Startup Policy 2020.
Can I re-apply if my application is rejected once?
What are the incentives for Startups under the UP- Startup Policy?
Once you register your Startup on StartInUPportal, your startup shall be eligible for following incentives:
- Sustenance Allowance
- Seed Capital/Marketing Assistance
- Patent Filing Cost
- Event Participation
How much is the Seed Capital/ MARKETING Assistance?
- Government shall provide seed capital in the form of marketing assistance up to 5 Lakh per incubated Startup up to 10 startup per incubator per year to launch the MVP in the market.
- This incentive will be subject to a maximum of Rs. 5 Lakhs per year per company.
What do reimbursement for patent spends cover?
- Domestic Patents: The cost of filing a successful patent application will be reimbursed to the incubated startup companies subject to a limit of Rs. 2 lakh (0.2 million) per Indian patent awarded.
- Foreign Patents: The cost of filing a successful patent application will be reimbursed to the incubated startup companies subject to a limit of Rs. 10 lakhs (INR 1 million) per Indian patent awarded.
Will I be eligible for incentives if I am not incubated?
Benefits shall be administered through identified incubators as implementation partners to speed up the process without compromising on due diligence in disbursal of fiscal incentives. At the same time incubators shall not insist on physical incubation of mentee incubates to ensure greater touch points for incubators being supported by the Government.
Is there any additional financial assistance for the Startups founded/co- founded by women, Divyangjan or Transgenders?
Yes, UP Startup Policy 2020 provides an additional 50% financial assistance in
the form of Seed Capital/Marketing Assistance to the Startups founded/co- founded by women, Divyangjan or Transgenders.
Is there any additional financial assistance for the Startups established in Purvanchal/ Bundelkhand region?
Yes, Up Startup Policy 2020 provides an additional 50% financial assistance in the form of Seed Capital/Marketing Assistance to the Startups having registered offices/operations in Purvanchal/ Bundelkhand regions for both Sustenance Allowance and Seed Capital/Marketing Assistance.
Does government provide any procurement support?
A startup can register on Government E Market Place (GeM) portal and register its product / services. The portal is a platformfor startups to display their product/ services for obtaining procurement support.
What is the procedure for registering on the GeM Portal?
Is there any grievance redressal mechanism?
Yes, StartInUP has an online mechanism for grievance redressal mechanism via dedicated toll-free number, Startups can also raise their concerns via our email id email@example.com, which will be answered by the respective officials who are handling the programs.</p